Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is a relatively new trend in the management of scar tissue formation. Scar tissue formation can occur after surgery, traumatic injury or repetitive use. Our doctors are certified in the Graston Technique is a cutting edge instrument-assisted, method to diagnose and treat painful muscle, ligament and joint injuries.
- Many repetitive stress or chronic injuries such as carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, tendonitis, shin splints, shoulder impingement and plantar fasciitis respond to the Graston Technique within just a few treatments.
- The Graston Technique has been shown to speed and direct heeling of acute and traumatic injuries including sprains and strains
As a Certified providers, doctors at Washington Park Chiropractic use Instrument assisted therapy to:
- Provides improved diagnostic treatment
- Detects major and minor fibrotic changes
- Reduces manual stress; provides hand and joint conservation
- Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes
The Graston Technique benefits the patient by:
- Decreasing overall time of treatment
- Fostering faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reducing the need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolving chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Continuing to engage in everyday activities